Friday 25 November 2016

Only the Strongest will Survive

What's up, guys!!!!! So for today I am going to make a special dedication for my elite group back when I was in MRSM Taiping. These group members or I can name as my small family members have improved me a lot. When I was in form four, I've tried to join the student council election and I didn't expect to go until manifesto round. Fortunately or unfortunately, I've lost the election. Starting from that point I felt so sad and refuse to join any student board because I thought that I will remain the same and will not be picked to be in the student leadership board. So I've planned to do well in academic since that is the only way for me to compete with the students in MRSM Taiping. For your information, if you want to enter any inter-MRSM competition you have to be well known among the teachers. Some of them excel in sports, leadership activities, and some of them strive for academic excellence, including me.




Well, that is my turning point in Taiping. Alhamdulillah, I've managed to perform well for my first semester. So after the result came out, 50 students were listed for a meeting with counselors and all of them are those who perform well in their examination. They wanted us to join an elite group that will not just make us excel in academics but in soft skills too. As counselors, they did not want a stigma that thinks that the smart students only excel in academics but cannot do anything else. The elite group's name is Projek Emas Hitam. Emas Hitam is a translation for crude oil in Malay. The purpose of using crude oil as a symbolism for us is because of the multi-purpose of crude oil after refining. They hope that we will not just be a person that excel in academic but a person who is well rounded as well.

We were given 14 tasks to be completed throughout our school year. To be honest, The tasks is not easy and we have to schedule the due date for the task to be completed so that we will complete all the task given. This means that we need we have to arrange our time for study and completing the task and for that reason why we choose the motto 'Only the Strongest will Survive'. Some of the 14 tasks are organizing an oversea trip, publishing an article in a local newspaper, make a public performance and much more exciting tasks to be told. By having these tasks had made me become busier than before. Oh, not to forget, I'm the leader for Projek Emas Hitam, So I've to make sure that all of the tasks were done in a given time. This will make the projects to be completed before October so that we can prepare for SPM.

So this is our first project. We have to conduct a motivational talk collaborated with Tarbiah Sentap

Well, not all of the teachers agree with this project as they thought that the students' academic performance will be affected due to joining this group. We were given special privileges to skip the  extra class in the evening. Due to that reason, Most of the teachers will ignore the privileges and this makes our work to complete the task given become harder. But this does not make us lose hope, we will always find a way to solve any problem arise. The counselors are getting complaints from teachers that stated that some of us had skipped the extra class. The counselors have made a short meeting with us, they sais that we just need to be calm and keep focusing on academics to prove the teacher wrong. This has been a catalyst for us to become the top achiever in our school.

A year and a half with them are not enough and the number of 14 tasks are insufficient for us to become multi-purpose as the refined crude oil. In spite of that, I've learned a lot of things and knowledge that is beneficial for me. For example, during any interview, I will not only bring my academic qualifications, but I will bring my experience when I with Projek Emas Hitam. All the failure we faced and the challenges that arise when we want to solve any problem. And the best thing is, that all of us managed to get an excellent SPM result regardless of how much time was used for Projek Emas Hitam. Our main goal is not trying to finish all of the tasks but the lesson that we can get after completing any tasks. For that reason, that is why Only the Strongest will Survive.


THANKS FOR READING

1 comment:

  1. Emas hitam ni memang ada di mrsm taiping shj ke?

    ReplyDelete